24 June 2008

Porgy Smorgasbord

That's me trying to take Porgy's cracker away from him. If I watch him long enough when he is eating he usually relents and drops for me whatever it is that he is eating. Good Porgy! I trained him well! I know Porgy is hard to see against the green of the grass but that is his camouflage and it protects him from bad birds and squirrels. This was last summer at our home in the Midwest, in the country. Porgy hangs out outside when the weather is warm enough and he even has a little tree he sits in that K calls "the Porgy tree." Sometimes when he is sitting in his tree amongst the leaves you can't see him. K has stood outside looking all around the tree calling for Porgy then all of a sudden she sees him just sitting there. It is funny! His wings are clipped - poor Porgy! - so he can't fly away. Well, that's the idea, anyway. Sometimes Porgy realizes his wings are back and he will fly short distances, and sometimes far distances. Before I joined the family Porgy had flown away a few times. The longest he was gone was for three days, then they found him in a tree. He survived a severe Midwestern storm while he was gone for those three days. Pretty scary! Porgy has been following me all over the place ever since the two kids of the relative we are house-animal sitting for left. Porgy had to be kept in the bedroom while they were here and K only brought him out a few times to sit outside with us. So Porgy was really lonely and missing me a lot. When they left K let Porgy have his freedom again so he has been following me every where I go. I love Porgy but sometimes I get annoyed when he follows me, especially when I am trying to sleep. But it is nice to have such a good friend. Porgy is my best bird buddy. I hope Porgy does not fly away again, I would really miss him. K makes up nicknames for her pets. She calls Porgy, "Porgy Smorgasbord." I like it better than my nickname, "Suka Pants." I don't wear pants! But "Suka Your Royal Alpha Dog Highness" would be a nickname I could get used too. I'm just sayin'...

5 comments:

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Suka,
I'm happy that a few of my friends stopped by to say "Hi".

I agree, Suka Pants is not a good nickname. The assistants don't usually come up with the good ones.

I announced to the DWB world that I am a princess and everyone seemed to agree.

Princess Eva

Teddy Westlife said...

Everypup needs a good long name to announce to the world who they are. Take mine for example: Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat. From that you know exactly what I am and what I do. You should woo your human to let you have the name you want!

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Purrr S: is it ok if I link to your blog?

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Suka

The more friends the better I say and it looks like you've got a good mate in Porgy. Hey you should train Porgy to be your lookout!

Cheers

Charlie

Anonymous said...

Hi Suka Your Royal Alpha Dog Highness,

Glad you stopped by! Porgy's got to learn a lot from you - I am sure he appreciates it.

Licks,
Oorvi

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh yes, Eva is soooo a Princess!

If woo want, you khan be Suka, RADH -

Does that work fur woo?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra