20 August 2008

Save the Baby Whale!

This makes me so sad. A baby Humpback whale, who has not even been weened yet, has lost its mom and is trying to suckle from a yacht. I ask that all you doggies and other furry, feathery, and scaly friends out there send positive thoughts that this baby can find his mom or a surrogate mom who will feed him and love him. If he does not get food in the next few days he will die. Please send positive loving thoughts his way, especially those of you who live by the ocean. Tell those female whales to go and help that little baby! Unlike us dogs and cats, who go to shelters and are fed and cared for while we wait for our new homes, this little guy has no one to help him. I don't understand why the humans can't bring him to a captive whale somewhere who would be able to feed him. Also, I don't like that they assume the mom abandoned him. Perhaps she was killed by whalers, or a passing ship, or by the Navy's sonar. It is not nice to assume the worst of this little guy's mom. I know in Nature that female animals have been known to abandon their babies for various reasons, but I also know that whales face many dangers from humans so there is just as likely a chance that she was killed as there is that she abandoned her little one. Animal telepathy is powerful so use it for good and help save this little guy, or I will animal telepathy some grrrs your way. I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh no the poor baby whale! My mum's eyes are leaking now.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat