20 November 2008

Take Me To The River...

..and drop me in the water. OK, so this is not a river but it is water. This is the little pond that I walk around every morning for my morning walk. When it is hot outside I like to walk into the pond to cool down my paws. The photo above also illustrates how deep I get into the water. I have never gone deeper than the water hitting my furry tummy. Usually there are ducks and geese around but when they see me coming they fly or paddle away. Today I walked into the pond, in the exact same spot as in this picture actually, and suddenly a young black lab jumped into the water to play with me! He had gotten loose and ran to greet me in the pond. His owner was not too happy about her young pup getting loose and getting wet! Once we were out of the pond and our respective humans had our respective leashes then me and the little guy ran and played...well, as much as two dogs can run and play when on leashes! But at least we both had the extendable leashes so we were able to run in big circles and entangle our humans quite nicely! I think every human who owns a dog needs to be tangled in a leash now and then. They need to know how annoying leashes are, then perhaps they may make them illegal. A dog can only dream. Freedom from the Leash! I'm just sayin'...

3 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom says thanks fur the earworm!

As a khanine that has experienced the bliss of playing without the leash, OH MY DOG!!

We'll get some pikhs of my BMD furiend sometime soon - the light was getting a bit weak to get any on Wednesday!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I guess we are experiencing life during wartime...

Teddy Westlife said...

I don't like water very much. I think you are very brave, Suka. But it's good that you got to play with a friend, and that you tangled your people up in leashes. I don't think it's going to stop them using it, somehow.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Anonymous said...

Suka, You get to jump in the water and chase ducks and geese? Pawsome! I'm glad you got to play with your new friend. I'm with you about leashes! How can we explore properly if we gots to be on leashes?

Woof!
Sophy