29 March 2009

Snow In Spring

It snowed yesterday. Snow in Spring. Snow, sleet, freezing rain, and gusty gusty winds. It was a regular blizzard! I loved it! Especially after spending most of last year in sunny, always sunny, warm California. I just love the snow and the cold crisp air! Today, however, is a different story. It is sunny and warm and there is hardly any snow left. The snow has all pretty much melted away. Sadness! The photo of me above was taken last week, but it pretty much looks like that outside right now. What snow storm yesterday? Geesch! My wonderfully kewl kitty cat friend Huffle Mawson asked me a while ago if I enjoyed being back in the Midwest. Yes, I certainly do! I love the four seasons, the bizarre changes in the weather, and the excitement of both snow and thunder storms! And tornadoes are pretty cool, if no one gets hurt! It has been great being back in the country, hearing and seeing all of the animals and romping in the creek and eating the droppings of the bull's food (they can be messy eaters!). And you can't replace the peacefulness of the country. However, there are downsides. There is no dog park so I don't get to meet or hang out with other dogs, and there is no place to walk. Sure, there is the dirt/gravel road through Farmer B's property, which is where we walk every evening and where I see the bulls. It is a great walk through the corn fields and hay bales, but it is also short, only about a 20 minute walk, and we only walk once a day. So I went from two to three walks a day to just a short one walk a day. Yin and Yang - positive and negative in every situation! Thank you for asking Huffle Mawson! And I am sorry it took me so long to respond. K's computer is not working properly (it is pretty messed up!) and we are also now on dial-up so it has been very difficult for me to blog. It takes forever for a site to get up and for me to do anything on the computer. Hopefully K's computer will be fixed soon and then I can blog more often and visit all of my friends' blogs much more often! I am sure all of my friends are anxious to have me back leaving my wonderfully witty comments on their blog! What is a day without a "Suka Sayin' " comment on your blog? Seriously. I'm just sayin'...

5 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

Seriously, I've missed your blogging and I hope K can get her computer fixed soon!

I'm sorry you don't get so many walks now but as you say, there are ups and downs to everything.

Huffle Mawson

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Suka

Thanks for dropping by. With luck, hopefully I can visit more often soon too!

Cheers

Charlie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm glad to see woo got some SNOW and then some spring...all in a few blinks of your eye!

Just wait until woo see the sweeties Mom transported on Sunday!

Tank woo fur khoming by - we all miss woo when we don't get to hear you sayin'!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Selba said...

Hello Suka,

It's our first time in here :)

You know what? Suka in Indonesian language means "like" so if someone says "Saya suka kamu" it means "I like you" :D

Licks,
Adele, Vincent & Bella

Sophy said...

Snow? We just got ice that mom called hail last week. Sounds like you have a good place to be--just need more walks!

Woof!
Sophy