21 June 2009

Pay Dirt!

One of the many amazing, incredible, wonderful things about us Malamutes is that we are very smart, like elephants. And also like elephants - we never forget. Case in point: when K gives Silvius and I bones I have noticed that Silvius likes to take his away and bury it, saving it for a rainy day, so to speak. I, myself, prefer to eat mine right away. Patience is not one of my enduring qualities. I watch Silvius and make a mental note of where he buries his goods. Usually Silvius is smart right back and will bury his stash further out into the yard where my chain won't reach. Touché, Silvius! Well, a few weeks ago I noticed that Silvius had buried a bone near an old tree at the far end of where my chain will reach. I played it cool for a while, being patient, waiting for the right moment when I could really use a good bone to munch on. Then the day came. As Silvius and I were wondering around the yard I nonchalantly meandered on down to the old tree and began to rummage around and voilà! Pay dirt! Silvius was not happy, as you can see in the above picture. I am not one to advocate stealing, and I certainly don't like making my friends, especially Silvius, unhappy. But a yummy bone is a yummy bone. Finders keepers, right? I'm just sayin'...

12 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

They khall that REAPPROPRIATION!

Tank woo fur sharing your Suka Savvy!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Teddy Westlife said...

Well, clearly Silvius didn't want the bone so it was yours for the taking.

Huffle Mawson

Parsley said...

Good for you Suka. And..just so you know, there's always plenty of bones here for you AND Silvius should you ever come to OK.

I'm just sayin... (you are so smart to teach us humans nice closing remarks)

Life With Dogs said...

Finders keepers indeed! Good memory. :)

Sophy said...

Very clever, Suka!

Woof!
Sophy

missbreezysbox said...

Your right about finders keepers. You do have patience, you waited for the right moment to get Silvius' bone.

★ Sylvine Srevlis ★ said...

Oh, I love bones, if only my mouth was big enough to actually fit around them! Well, I guess that's one of the prices you pay for being small. But there is a good side of it too. All you have to do is put your ears back and look sad, and people will give you treats, toys, pets, and loves. If only the knew how vicious I can be...

-Cookie

Parsley said...

You were a winner in my give away! Check my blog for details.

Parsley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neon said...

Hmm... i randomly found your blog and i think its good well, i share a blog with my hideous counterpart, Mowzer. plz come check it out some day, it's http://mowzer-tiki.blogspot.com/

MEOW,
Tiki the Wonderful Cat, Ruler of the World.

Neon said...

HEY! Tiki, i'm not hideous! i just spend all day staring out the window and messing up rugs!

MEOW,
Mowzer the Cute and Cuddly Kitty

Neon said...

By the way,
Suka, i LOVE your blog! its so great! (i'm glad i am talking to you on the internet, i would be scared otherwise.)
DOGS CHASE ME IT'S SCARY!

MEOW,
Mowzer the Cute and Cuddly Kitty