08 May 2010

Sneaky Snake

Malamutes rarely bark, so when my human, K, heard me playfully barking the other day she knew something was up. I had found a snake slithering around by the shed and wanted to play with him, but the snake just kept hissing and sticking his tongue out at me. Rather immature, I thought. Anyway, when K finally made it out to investigate she told me to leave the snake alone so it could go home. I pretended to do so, but as soon as K went back inside I was back at the snake and managed to grab him and flip him into the yard. K heard me playfully barking again and when she came back outside she saw me standing over the snake in the yard. Busted! She was none too pleased as the snake had some injuries due to my roughhousing, and she had not wanted the snake to get hurt. K found a big stick and managed to carry the snake out to the end of the yard. The snake looked dead and he did not move at all, and that upset K. But I think the snake was just playing dead to try to get me into more trouble. I certainly did not mean to hurt the slithery guy, if he in fact did get hurt. I had only wanted to play. Later in the day both K and I ventured back to where K had laid the snake and he was gone, so hopefully he slithered away and did not get eaten by some other creature in the yard. K referenced her handy-dandy snake guide and found that the snake was a garter snake, which are completely harmless. And completely boring, as they don't play with dogs.

Aside from the fun I had trying to play with the snake I learned some devastating news earlier this week. One of my dearest, coolest doggy friends had passed away on 12 April 2010. Scuba was one of the four Desert Pups, who were a wild and fun bunch of pups that brought much laughter and excitement into my life, and the lives of many other blog-o-sphere dogs. Scuba was Top Dog of the Desert Pups and led the Pack as they threw incredibly wild parties and took thrilling road trips. Scuba even hung out with the Royals at Buckingham Palace! Scuba was a beautiful pup full of life, adventure, and love. She will truly be missed, and my heart aches that she is gone. Godspeed Scuba!

And now for something that will put a wag in your tail and give you happy tapping paws: Numa Numa.

Although I am a multilingual dog I am a bit rusty on my Romanian. However, I am almost positive that "Numa Numa" translates to "Suka Suka." That would explain why the song always brings such cheer to those who hear it. I'm just sayin'...

24 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

What a boring snake. Next time try to find one that is a bit more fun, Suka. Sorry to hear about your friend Scuba.

♥ Sallie said...

I'm glad the snake was ok. I'm especially glad he wasn't poisonous! :)

But I'm sad to hear about Scuba.

Hugs

tekorin said...

We love snakes!! We cats love playing with them!
But unfortunately,we've never seen ones...

We're sorry to hear about Scuba.
It is always sad to hear our friends went to the bridge.

"Suka Suka"brings joy for sure!!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That looked like LOTS of fun!

Moms sure have a way of ruining things fur us!

We were sad to see about Scuba as well BUT we were happy to see them bakhk!

As fur the flowers, Maggie and Mitch's mom says they are her favourites:
ORIENTAL POPPIES
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_orientale

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cocorue said...

SukaSuka, we've missed you so much!!!

sorry about your friend Scuba; we get very sad when we hear bad news.

happy mumster's day to your wonderful mumster and you did spoil her rotten????

chikisses and please don't be too long a stranger now
coco & tiffy

bbes tribe said...

Hey Suka!! So glad to see you back & thanks for visiting us. We missed you. Those little snaky licks --- ooh,, M knows snakes are good but they are not her favorite... Sure glad it wasn't a poisonous one.
Tailwags
Ernie,Sasha,Chica

Life With Dogs said...

Suka, it is so good to have you back. I have been checking in quite a bit until the flu took me down for the last week or so. I hope life is getting easier!

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Suka,

Mom cried when she read your post on Scuba, so much so she dripped coffee all over Norman when he tried to comfort her. We really miss Scuba, she was such a great pup and we appreciate your kind words.
Now about that snake, we don't like snakes very much. The snakes here in Arizona are just freakin crazy and chase after dogs. You are a very brave dog to try to play with snakes.

Desert Pups,
Toby, Norman, Keiko and The Ghost of Scuba

White Dog Blog said...

Suka, you have such an interest in everything; such a joie de vie! I think the snake will be fine whether he slithered off to heal or if he added to the lifeforce of another in the network...so do not feel bad.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Scuba. May she already be running free and full of energy on the other side of the Bridge and may her family find comfort in the words and loving memories of those who remember her.

missbreezysbox said...

I'm sorry to here about your friend Scuba. I've checked in and haven't seen you around much. Where have you been? Playing with more snakes? Be careful with what you find in your yard. Not everything is so boring.

Teddy Bear said...

Wow, Suka, you are face to face with that snake. And K is super duper brave to take it to the end of your yard. My Mommy hates snakes. We're glad that he is ok. We are so sorry to hear about Scuba.:(

Love,
Teddy Bear

Ms. ~K said...

We had a huge snake inour yard last week...it looked like a sea serpent!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Parsley said...

I heard about this snake and glad it was just a boring garter snake!

Hugs Suka and K. Thanks for the well wishes. We were safe from the tornados that hit last night.

White Dog Blog said...

Suka,
My brother looks so innocent and yet...He sunk his teeth right through the plastic bag to hold on to those buns! I tell you, it is so declasse living with such a savage! PLUS he did not even offer to share!!!!

piano3646 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keiko said...

Oh... we were a bit worried when you showed us the snake! Boring is good, when it comes to snakes we think!

We're very sorry to hear about Scuba...
Purrs and hugs, Keiko Kenji & Pricilla

Selba said...

Hi Suka,

Whoaa.. you are so brave to face a snake. We have never seen a real snake in our life.

Licks,
Adele, Vincent & Bella

Denise said...

Cool photos. The snake eyes really come out. Nice to see you in the spring!

White Dog Blog said...

Suka,
I certainly didn't realize my snout was going to be black FOREVER! Yikes!!! Tell K mom will send her an answer on Friday. Quinn sends woofs.

White Dog Blog said...

Suka,
Thought I would distract everyone from my black stripe mystery by being extra wonderful to Quinn...it worked like a charm! Mom can't stop telling me how proud she is of me and what a good sister I am. Hope you have a wonderful sunny weekend and that K takes you out to stomp in the mud on a hike!

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Suka,

We agree, end dog digging discrimination now! We're dogs and thats what dogs do. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you and K are doing fine.

Desert Pups,
Toby, Norman, Keiko and The Ghost of Scuba

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Suka,

Just dropping by to bark at you. Hope you and K are doing fine and there are no more evil snakes in your yard.

Desert Pups,
Toby, Norman, Keiko and The Ghost of Scuba

Anya said...

Oopssss .....
We almost missing his post
SORRY we are late
because my Mommy is bloglazy ........... LOL

It looks scary a snake
I'm afraid for it :(
But your pictures are fantastic :)

Hugs Love
from Kareltje =^.^=

White Dog Blog said...

Hi my friend, I thought of you as we went walking through the Bosque yesterday...and again today when I helped dad grill meat! Just wanted you and K to know you are on our minds (and in our hearts)!